Cheap Bathtub Toys

I have found that bathtub toys for my young children are expensive and don't last very long. So, what I've been doing is saving the plastic coffee containers (new ones from Folgers) in the small and large sizes. My girls love to pour with them, add a little soap to 'make an experiment', put the lid on and shake!

I haven't done this yet, but poking ice pick size holes in the lids would make a fun way to pour the water out. I also save plastic yogurt containers for the same thing. They also make great scoops for water to rinse their heads! This is a 'free' way to make bathtub toys that last a long time, a great way to recycle and you certainly get your money's worth out of coffee!

By Lisa

By debbie (Guest Post)

this is also a great idea for beach sand toys. you can toss them in the nearest recycling bin on the way home.

I once brought in a tupperware glass. It is tall and kinda skinny. He still (at 3) likes to play with it and I use it to rinse him off.