Saving Money on Pet Medications

I found a simple way to keep my pills from sticking together in my weekly pill holder. I have 3 or 4 gel caps and, in this hotter weather, they stick together or to the container. I have to dig them out. I found if I just put a pinch of cornstarch in with them, they don't stick together for about a year.

By Babette from Lemon Grove, CA

7 More Solutions

I order all my Flea and Heartworm protection from www.petshed.com. They are half the price of what I used to pay at my Vet. I just placed an order for the 6 month package, for dogs 45-88 pounds and with shipping it came to $70.90.

Tips for Saving Money on Pet Prescriptions. Post your ideas here.

Saving Money on Pet Prescriptions

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Medications that I normally get from my vet can be gotten from the local drug store at less than half the price.

If your pet is on medication sometimes it's cheaper to get the medication through your people pharmacy. I had a dog on phenobarbital and it was loads cheaper getting it at my local pharmacy.

Bronze Tip Medal for All Time! 64 Tips

Always ask the vet if the medication being prescribed is available at a regular drugstore. If so, have her write the Rx for you.

Vets charge a lot more for medications than cut-rate pharmacies like Walmart or Costco.

My elderly cat is on high blood pressure and thyroid medication. She receives a partial tab of each once a day. My vet usually dispenses out 60 days worth, about 30 tabs, of each for over $60.00.

My Giant Eagle grocery store's pharmacy has a list of antibiotics that are free, and they are happy to fill a K9 prescription. What would have cost me 40 dollars at the vet's office was just free for us.

Pets AdviceOctober 11, 2012
👒
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Pet-Medications.html