Saving Money on Sewing Patterns

Patterns have more than 1 size. I fold the paper pattern along the cutting lines, then I cut very close to the paper pattern edge without cutting off the folds I made. If I have to make a small size or a larger size of the same pattern it doesn't matter, because I have folded the paper pattern to whichever size I am making. I do the same thing for patterns that have both shorts and slacks. If I am making shorts I fold up the long leg area on the paper pattern, until only the paper pattern that I need to cut for the shorts is showing. Then I cut out the shorts without cutting off the paper pattern for the lower part of the legs which I will need when I decide to make a pair of slacks with the same pattern.

Very well put! I have started so many entries about sewing patterns only to give up and delete. Thanks for doing it for me.