Saving an Avocado Tree Damaged by a Heat Wave?

This past July I planted a dwarf avocado tree. A few days later we had an unprecedented heatwave (104deg) for a day. That was enough to damage the top section of the trunk. I decided to cut the damaged portion of main trunk at 3 ft. Is there any hope for this tree? Or should I start new avocado tree?

The tree may recover. I would have some shade material in case you get another heat wave.

Wow! This year seems to have done unprecedented damage to the poor avocado tree population!

There was just a thread on this (I put a link at the end of this message), in our beloved Thrifty Fun about this.

Hopefully these will help! You don't say where you are. I had a link in my post to the question to help the person find a local home extension office. Maybe that link could help you also! They are awesome at helping people with the right answers for their specific area!

Will send up prayers for a the tree since trees are people too right :)

www.thriftyfun.com/Leaves-on-Avocado-Tree-Sunburned...

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesAugust 24, 2018
🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-an-Avocado-Tree-Damaged-by-a-Heat-Wave.html