Scramble Eggs In Ziplock

An easy way to cook scrambled eggs with no mess.

Put a 2 quart sauce pan filled with water to about the 3/4 level on stove to boil. Scramble 2 eggs in a bowl and add about 1/3 cup milk or more and beat. You can add cheese, ham, onions, etc. at this time. Pour into a quart plastic bag and seal. Immerse plastic bag in boiling water in pan being careful not to touch the edges with the bag Cook until no longer runny, approximately 5 minutes or so. Take the bag out of the water and carefully open it. There will be lots of steam. Turn upside down on to a plate and serve.

These are the fluffiest scrambled eggs you ever have made. It's unbelievable. And no mess.

By Margaret from Dudley, MA

Answers:

Scramble Eggs In Ziplock

Be really careful cooking in a Ziploc bag that is designed for storing instead of cooking. Cooking at a high temperature can break the chemicals in the plastic down, causing them to get into your system, and make you very sick. ( Found this out the hard way).

Just make sure to use a bag that is designed for the high temperature that is needed for cooking foods. (10/06/2008)

By Anonymous

Scramble Eggs In Ziplock

I checked Google -- Ziplock company says its bags are dangerous to your health when used this way. I can think of no reason why a canning jar couldn't be used? In any case I'll try it. (10/06/2008)

By Tomatohanger

Scramble Eggs In Ziplock

I agree, you should never boil anything in a plastic bag that wasn't made for that purpose. There are different grades of plastic (thickness, etc.). That's why some plastic dishes are microwavable and others aren't. (10/07/2008)

By Maryeileen

Scramble Eggs In Ziplock

I do this too. You can skip the step with the bowl, crack the eggs into the bag and squish them up. (10/21/2008)

By Lisa from Lena, WI.