Second Job Ideas

Category Employment
Financial constraints may at time require you to get a second job. This is a guide about second job ideas.

I am a new flight attendant and my schedule is very different every day, every month. I am looking for a way to make some extra money during my down time that is super flexible. Any suggestions are appreciated!

By Ginny from SC

Answers

Give plasma.

You could sell items on eBay. All you need is a digital camera. You can find bargains at flea markets and garage sales, clean them really well, and sell them, or your can buy items from wholesalers. There are wholesalers on eBay that you can buy things from, or you could make crafts and sell them. I know a woman who buys designer clothes at garage sales and flea markets, cleans and irons them, and sells them on eBay. She makes a pretty good income this way. Good luck!

Be the AVON lady for frequent flyers and those that live around you at home. Carry product with you. Recommend it. Sell it.

Do surveys. Could you sign up with a temporary service to work once in awhile like as a day laborer? How about collecting aluminum cans and selling them? How about doing errands like shopping, cleaning, or lawn mowing for elderly or disabled neighbors?

My sister worked for a while at a video store. They were glad to schedule her around her flight schedule (at least on months when she was not stand-by). She also did bookkeeping for an accountant for a couple of years. One of her friends is a nurse and the hospital works with her around her schedule. Lots of smaller businesses will work around a schedule: boutiques, cosmetologists, billing companies, etc. Most flight attendants take classes to help them get other jobs.

Have you checked into being a substitute teacher? Or a tutor if you have any college?

Does anyone know a good way to get side jobs? I would like to know how to make money on my phone too.

Thanks.

Answers

Someplaces, especially food service, will work around 1st job and school schedules. So if you know where you would like to go to work as a 2nd job tell them up front that you work a primary job but are looking for extra income and what your availability is. Are you lookig for part-time, full-time, if you don't want to end up working 7 days a week make sure to tell them you days off. As a manager I appreciate being told these things up front before an application is even filled out. It saves everyone time if there isn't an opening to fit your availability.