Seed Friendship Card
I thought this would be a unique way to make someone feel special. With a paper bag and seeds from the dollar store, you can make one too.
Total Time: Under an hour
- paper bag
- decorative paper
- seed packet
- hole punch or awl
- I began with a 13 1/2" tall x 8 1/4" wide bag. You may make this with any size bag, even the standard lunch sacks. The principles will be the same, yet I will still provide measurements in case your bag matches mine. Mark and cut a bit above the bottom square. Mine ended up being about 8" tall after cutting.
- You will now trim all the excess layers so you have a single flap to turn down.
- Now you will cut the front and back of your seed packet apart. The front will decorate your envelope, the back will go inside to hold your seeds.
- Fold the back long ways first.
- Then fold the sides.
- Put seeds in.
- Fold entire piece in half. Secure with a single staple. This will keep your seeds together, yet is easily removed and unfolded for access to the planting instructions.
- Put in your envelope.
- Make even holes in your flap for your twine or ribbon. Use a hole punch. If your kiddos ran off and lost it, an awl works too. :)
- Glue flap down.
- Arrange your seed packet cover at an angle and glue to the back of your envelope.
- Now cut about a 2 1/2" tall x 3 1/2" long piece of solid paper or cardstock and glue under the seed packet.
- Write, "The seeds of kindness you plant grows happiness in others hearts. May your good deeds come back to you with a full harvest...."
- I think next time I would probably type this on the computer with a cool font and print it out.
- Now if you haven't already done so, add your ribbon or twine, double knot your bow so it doesn't fall off in transit.
- Now cut a 4 3/4" tall x 7 1/2" wide decorative piece of paper for the front. Glue on.
- Cut 2 squares from your paper bag scraps for your addresses. Glue in place.
- Add stamps, fill in the blanks and send it off to a dear friend!
- This measured 8 1/2" wide, just over 6" tall, therefore the 2 stamps. Have fun! :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!