Selecting The Right Wood for Stairs?

Choosing a the best species of wood for your stairs will depend on factors such as usage or other woods used in the home. This is a page about selecting the right wood for stairs.

I'm trying to pick out the right wood for a staircase. I have already stained the floor, southern yellow pine, to a dark coffee color. The problem I'm having is identifying the species of wood that would be the best match for the hand rail and newel posts. I can only pick from maple, oak, and popular.

By Ron Browning from Geneseo, IL

Answers

I suggest to get the one close to the color of the floor. Good luck.

I'd select the hardest wood - because in a few years you'll be more concerned about durability than color.

Oak will have too strong a grain pattern. Pick the one that matches the texture of your pine, you can customize stain easily.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Building MaterialsFebruary 13, 2013
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Selecting-The-Right-Wood-for-Stairs.html