CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Selling Collectible Figurines

How do I find out where the best place is to sell these items?

Best Answer

Selling collectible figures:

1. These types of figures are for a targeted group of individuals.
  2. Therefore, you need to find a comic book store that deals with these types of figures.
  3. Comic conventions, clubs, or online talk groups are a great place to start.
  4. My brother collected these for years and when he passed many collectors contacted us to buy his collections.
  5. You can try listing the collection on Craig's list, but I'd be careful on this one. There are a lot of collectors who know the value of these items and will try and buy them off of you for close to nothing.
  6. Yours are all in the package and still in mint condition. This will only increase the value of these items.
  7. I wouldn't suggest listing them on eBay either. You will end up with the same problem as you would on Craig's list.
  8. Ad

9. If you have any type of comic convention that comes to your area, I'd wait till then. Go and talk with the people there and especially the sellers and the collectors. You will get a much higher price if you do this.
  10. I also see a few of yours are for Star Trek. If you can find a Star Trek convention near you, go there and take your figures with you. Many collectors seek this type of figures in good condition and still in the original package. They bring a much higher value than removed from the package.
  11. I learned a lot from my brother when he was alive. This is a big market and there are many collectors out there that are willing to pay a nice price for your items.
  12. Take your time and find the right market to sell them on and please stay off eBay. Comic or Star Trek conventions are the way to go on this one.

Look on eBay and other online places for a few months and see what the figurines have actually sold for, not what the asking price was. This will give you an excellent idea of what you can expect to get for yours.

You could do your research and see how much this has sold in the past on eBay. You can also visit collectible places just to see what they'd appraise this for as a guideline/example too.