Selling Porcelain Doll Making Supplies

My neighbor has many boxes containing porcelain dolls, wigs, clothes, etc. that his wife made. There are molds also. His wife actually made them for years. He needs to get rid of all of it. We do not want to just throw the supplies away. I am trying to help him find someone who might appreciate having them or have a use for them. They could be finished and sold. Is there a market for these things? How do we go about finding a place for all of these things? There are also purchased dolls in boxes.

You could put an ad on eBay or etsy

These are the kind of things that make you feel sad to see all the things someone loved and then find it difficult to dispose of. I do not know if you live in or near a large city but if you do, I would suggest you try calling several antique shops and see if someone can give you an idea of the value or make you an offer. Do not take an offer until you check several areas for the true value. If there are any local auctions you might want to check those out also as it may take seeing some of the doll supplies to get very much money.

Many times it is just hard to get very much money for this type of thing and - truthfully, the dolls may not be worth very much either. You would be able to realize more money if sold in small groups but that is time consuming and a lot of trouble.

eBay and Etsy are good selling places but this kind of thing is not fast moving and unless you are familiar with selling on these sites, I would not recommend it.

You might want to try Craigslist and let some people come out and make an offer. Please do not be surprised if it is only a few dollars.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was inquiring for an elderly neighbor. He does not have a computer or the knowhow to sell online via easy or eBay. He may need to take the things to a flea market just to make it a quick sale. Anything he is unable to sell, he will donate to a local charity. He just needs to clean out and has no use for the things.

It is sad that his wife loved making the dolls and left behind supplies and dolls when she passed away. No family members were interested in any of it, leaving him to dispose of it all. If he could make a few dollars from it, he would be thrilled, but at this point, he will be happy to have it out of his way.

This is a nice thing that you are trying to help him. I agree that it would be nice if he could realize some money from all of these mementos but there may also be a safety factor.
First: will it be safe for him to have people come to his house to look at the stuff you are talking about? does he have other things in his house that someone may want to steal? It is true that many times people will make like they are interested in buying (or even buy something) but they are really "casing" the house and the people to see what else is around. If he now lives alone this could be a problem later on - especially if it looks like he is not too savvy about what is really going on.

I think a local flea market may be a good idea, especially if he has someone to help him. The problem is that some flea markets now charge high daily fees so people have to sell a lot to just break even.
Have you thought about a yard sale? This may work and perhaps you could help him with something like this.
Sometimes local churches have "flea market" type sales and let people set up tables so this might be another area.
My only concern is his age and vulnerability so if you keep that in mind I feel sure you will be able to help him.
If donating to a charity, please consider Hospice or Habitat as I have worked with both of these and they do good things with their money (most of it).
Please let us know how things work out.