MiscellaneousCollectibles

Selling an Angel Collection

Category Miscellaneous

I have a very large angel collection I would like to sell, is there any place I could contact?

By Dave

ebay, craigslist

Both good answers but both have their +/-. Since you are not familiar with each, I will give you a quick overview.

Craigslist is free, lasts 45 days and you can refresh/repost each add every 5 days. That's the plus.

The minus is you can only post 4 photos at a time. If your collection is large, that will be tedious and time consuming. I once had so much to sell, and my posts came in sequence that one person said "for heaven sakes lady, have a yard sale or get a website". So I did both. Now you can too.

If you know someone who has a nice garage or a large covered porch, you can photograph them in groups, post the 4 shots in garage sales, and give the time, date, etc. You can sometimes list under both garage sales and collectables, and have a friend put them in collectables as well and list them contact information as well.

Another plus is you get cash.

One of the minuses is there are a ton of scammer/spammers out there who feign interest, say they have to have it, they have the money and want to come over right away. When you reply, they are more than likely "oh, don't sell your beloved dollies. Click on this website where I can make 1k a day from my home". Plus they have weird names that don't sound like names at all.
Then, they have your email, perhaps your cell or home number, and your address. You will then be vulnerable to phishing, calls at all hours or passing the number around, and we all know the dangers of having a stranger come to your home.

eBay is anonymous, but expensive. You can have up to 12 shots, but each one costs after the first one. There are fees for doing anything on there, plus if you sell something, they take a percentage of the sale price.
And then there is shipping and if you don't get the weight right, you can
end up spending more for shipping than you charged the buyer.

Some of the best deals I have ever done was when I went to the area of "like people". In that I mean go to a shop that specializes in dolls, or collectables or antiques. Ask them if you can put up a flyer or notice. Put a shot of your best doll on a flyer and make it simple. Then put an email address, a second one is more secure, and see what you can attract from there.

I hope this helped. Been there on both and still like yard sales the best. Sandi/PBP