Setting Up Your Sewing Area

Category Sewing
Whether you have a dedicated sewing room or a nook in another room, setting up your work area is an important step. This is a page about setting up your sewing area.

When sewing bags and crazy quilt purses, I am sitting a lot of the time. I have had 2 back surgeries, and can't stand for long periods of time, so what I did was set up my ironing board at a right angle to my sewing machine and lowered it to a comfortable height. I use a task chair on rollers, so I can just swing around when I need to iron. It's great.

Not only that, but my husband hung a fluorescent light over my ironing board to make it easier for me to see. He put a cord on it that has a switch on the cord. That makes it so much easier for me to turn it on or off.

By Judy

Crafts SewingJanuary 31, 2013
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-07-24 01:46:28 in 978 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Setting-Up-Your-Sewing-Area.html