Kenmore Button Hole Setting Not Working Properly

Most sewing machines have a built-in button hole setting or guide. When this is not working properly it can make finishing a project impossible. This is a guide about Kenmore button hole setting not working properly.

I have a Kenmore 385.1884180 that my mother gave me. My father bought her the machine before I was born so it is very important to me that I keep the machine. I recently started a project that requires several button holes, but for whatever reason the 1 setting on my machine doesn't start in the position it is supposed to. It starts in the middle where the actual hole should be. The other three settings work the way they should. Is there something I am missing? I have had several friends try to help me and we even downloaded the manual to make sure we knew we had the steps right.

Answers

Best Answer

It might be working properly. It could start in the middle, go up to one end, go to the other side, and go around and end up in the middle on the other side.

I'm trying to make a buttonhole, but the teeth are not moving. I can sew everything else fine, but not buttonholes. I've checked my manual from cover to cover and I have everything in the right place. I don't have a feed dog button to adjust them. Does anyone know what is happening to the dogs? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thank you!

Answers

Make sure there are no threads or fabric bits jamming it.