Sewing MachinesMachines

Kenmore Button Hole Setting Not Working Properly

I have a Kenmore 385.1884180 that my mother gave me. My father bought her the machine before I was born so it is very important to me that I keep the machine. I recently started a project that requires several button holes, but for whatever reason the 1 setting on my machine doesn't start in the position it is supposed to. It starts in the middle where the actual hole should be. The other three settings work the way they should. Is there something I am missing? I have had several friends try to help me and we even downloaded the manual to make sure we knew we had the steps right.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

It might be working properly. It could start in the middle, go up to one end, go to the other side, and go around and end up in the middle on the other side.