Sewing Machine Needle Keeps Breaking?

I have threaded my needle more than 10 times and it keeps breaking. I have broken like about 4 needles and all the bits fell into the machine how can I get it out? Does this affect my sewing? I am frustrated and tired; what should I do?

Best Answer

Normally if a needle is breaking it could be the way the needle is inserted into the machine. Also there is an issue with the needle hittle the bobbin inside the machine that can cause it to break.

If you need to remove the pieces of needles from your machine use a screwdriver and remove the plate. Here you can get out the lint and clean the machine. This could help the needle from breaking if you make sure it is installed correctly and it is not hitting the bobbin when it moves up and down.

Best Answer

I used to have that issue when I first started out and it was that I had threaded the machine wrong and it was pulling on it, causing it to hit the plate

Needle Breaking

Step 1
Wrong needle for fabric

Step 2
Needle inserted backwards

Step 3
Bent needle

Step 4
Worn out needle

If you can not find the answer here,there are YouTube video's on this. Just put in your machine description and problem. They have many that talk you through trouble shooting!

The most common reason for needles breaking is due to machines being threaded incorrectly.
Of course, you have to be sure the needles are good (new is best) and you are using the correct needle for your machine as well as the type of fabric you are working on.
You do not state the brand or model of machine you are using but if you have a manual, this would be a good place to start your troubleshooting.

If you do not have a manual then it would be best to search for free manual using your brand machine name and model number.
Or post that information here and someone will help you find a manual.

It does not matter how many times you have had 'no problems' using your machine as something could have changed in the way you worked before so please do not assume you are doing everything correctly as that sometimes hinders us from making corrections.
Try to follow exactly how the diagram shows to thread your machine.

Be sure your machine is clean as gobs of junk can accumulate (especially under the needle plate) without us knowing it and most machines occasionally need oiling or even professional servicing.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesNovember 4, 2019
👒
🐛
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sewing-Machine-Needle-Keeps-Breaking.html