Sewing Machine Stitches Too Loose

It is very frustrating to have your machine making stitches that are too loose. Typically this can be corrected by resetting the tension. For other ideas to help correct this issue read on.

I have an industrial straight stitch only, machine by Reliable and the Model is MSK 8550 M. I am having problems, with under the fabric on my projects, sewing with the thread going into bunches and sewing very loosely. I checked the manual, but there is no Trouble Shooting section, or any info throughout the manual that tells me how to resolve the problem. Can anyone help me please, possibly someone has this machine and model?
Thanks

By Marilyn Steckly from Chatham, ON

Answers

Best Answer

Check your tension to make sure it is even. Also check the needle plate and hook underneath to see if either has been damages by being hit by the needle. If they have, they need to be filed smooth and polished with fine sandpaper. That can cause the problem you are having by catching the thread on the damage.

Also the needle itself may need replacing. If the needle plate or hook are damaged so is the needle. The needle may also be bent or have a slight hook on the point. It is cheap to replace. If you are repairing the hook or needle plate don't change the shape of either or elongate the whole in plate. If the damage is that bad then you will need to replace them.

Best Answer

1. Remove the throat plate and clean the feed dogs throughly with a small brush. Check the throat plate itself and inside the shuttle for any lint or debris.
2. Insert a new needle. Be sure it is inserted correctly.
3. Make sure that the bobbin isn't bent. Be sure that it is inserted correction - bobbin should turn in a clockwise direction when it is facing you in the shuttle.

4. Rethread the machine, being sure there are no loose thread or fuzz caught in the tension disc.

Hopefully this will fix your problems. If not I would have it serviced by a professional.

Everything works great on it, but my stitches are always loose each time I sew something I end up just doing it by hand. That as we know takes forever.

Please can someone help.

Answers

Best Answer

This is a problem with the tension on the machine and it needs to be adjusted. I had to have a few of mine replaced over the years they can go bad and can no longer be adjusted.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesApril 2, 2020
👒
🌻
🐰
😷
🐛

Generated 2020-04-05 08:48:10 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️