We love to make these kabobs over the stove when we are craving kabobs but don't want to break out the grill. This is especially handy in the colder months. They are quick, easy, and super delicious. I love them wrapped up in a piece of lavash bread with some chutney and fresh herbs!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: My mum's recipe. :)
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 1/2 cup yellow split peas
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Boil the split peas until they are soft. Mash them while they are hot.
- Grate the onion then squeeze out the juices. You can save that for soup or for use in some other recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Wet your hands and make a ball from the mixture, a bit bigger than a golfball.
- Pat down on the ball to make a round patty.
- Create a hole in the middle. This is done for faster, even cooking.
- Fry them for a couple minutes on both sides until golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain before servings.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.