Sharing Plants and Seeds

Try this the next time you have a yard sale. I buy a package of seed starter cups (cost $1) and fill them with starter plants from my yard (ivy, daisies, etc.). Yard sale goers love plants! This makes my yard sale better and also thins out my flowerbeds at the same time. You may also meet someone that wants to trade plantings with you, so you can have a start of something new for yourself.

By vickie guy from Earle, AR

5 More Solutions

All of these plants were donated to me by a fellow Thrifty Fun member. All of these were taken directly from her grounds. They are doing great and are a fabulous starting point for me!

Sharing Plants and Cuttings

Save money on plant by trading. Here are some great tips from the ThriftyFun community. Post your own advice here.

Yellow and purple pansies.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Find a friend you can exchange seeds or plants with and watch your garden grow without any outlay of cash. To know that that wild geranium came from your good friend can bring a content smile to your face all season long.

It is mid January and already the seed catalogues are coming in the mail, the packages of seed are in the store and anxiety begins of what are we going to plant. Sometimes when wanting to try something different, I know my little spots of trial produce won't use up the whole packet.

All of my neighbors like to garden, so we all share out plants by cuttings or seeds.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMay 30, 2013
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sharing-Plants-With-Others.html