Shelf Life of Swanson Chicken Broth in Cartons?

My brother drives a tractor-trailer locally and after delivering at a local supermarket, ended up with 3 cases of Swanson chicken broth in the carton like boxes. They expire this month so what I am wondering is does anyone know if you can freeze these and/or does the 2 year after the date rule apply to these like other canned food? Thanks.

By Jodi from Hendersonville, NC

Answers

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 290 Feedbacks

This is the closest product that I could find to compare it to the Swanson Chicken Broth in the carton.
stilltasty.com/.../17318

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 115 Feedbacks

Why don't you just call the 800 phone number if there is one, on the box or carton & ask them. You don't have to say where you got the broth, just about the shelf life like you asked here. They would be the best source.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 450 Feedbacks

I am sure they can be frozen for up to 6 months.

I'm sure they could be frozen because the broth is no different than plain water.however,I would place the carton into a shopping bag to keep the carton from making contact with the Ice in the freezer or other packages you have in there.they could be kept up to a year possibly. I'd try to use them myself before that length of time. Louise

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety AdviceOctober 19, 2021
🎂
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Shelf-Life-of-Swanson-Chicken-Broth-in-Cartons-2.html