AdviceCrafts

Shopping for Heavy Cloth Craft Tape

What do you call that thick cloth tape used to make crafts? I want to buy some from an online source, but can't find any because I don't know what it's called.

By joan pecsek from South Norfolk , VA

Best Answer

Are you looking for 'webbing'? It is a heavy tape used in sewing and crafting, mainly for straps and carry handles. Other heavy tapes are called 'blanket binding', 'canvas binding', and 'rug binding'.

Good luck in your hunt! I have deep empathy for your predicament-I moved to the UK several years ago and it took me forever to find some sewing and crafting things because what the British call something is often times quite different from what we called it back in the States!