Shrinkable Plastic on Wood Frame Windows

My experience using shrinkable plastic on my windows is that the tape strips the wood finish. Not a problem if you have metal, but my new house has wood. Is there something I can do or a product that won't leave a stripe on my windows?

By Ed B.

How about a 'glue stick that children use for school projects' that should prove to be a good suggestion to try at least. The glue stick can be purchased at any Office Depot, WalMart or Kmart around.

I haven't used this for years, however, it was my experience that if one removed the plastic promptly in the spring, it didn't take the paint off nor leave much of a residue. If one left it for years, you'd have a problem. If this is a new house, will you need the plastic on the windows? Most new houses have good quality windows and seals do not need extra covering.

Home and Garden Home Improvement WeatherizingNovember 20, 2014
💘
🍀