Simple Edible Bouquet

This simple kitchen bouquet is pretty and edible. I used chives and lovage for this arrangement but celery would do too.

Source: Imagination at work

I doubt many readers are familiar with Lovage, or have grown Lovage or know that Lovage was often used to flavor cakes. And who but Mina would think of using Lovage in a floral arrangement.

I grew this wonderfully scented herb, years ago. Mina has caused me to want to grow it again...and I will.

Thanks, Mina. You've got my vote.

Thanks for the vote Doug. I agree with you that not many people are familiar with lovage, a perennial herb that I grew up with and still use year round in much of my cooking. I don't know what I'd do without it; it's a must-have in my kitchen. It truly is an herb worth learning about and cultivating because it has a unique flavor and is versatile in so many ways. Even the seeds can be sprinkled on salads or used in soups and stews, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs or steamed vegetables. On a cold winter day, the taste of lovage in my meal emits a pleasant summertime feel. Try it ... I think you'll like it.

I am going online right now to food channel to research this herb.... Thanks!