Making a Garden Flower Bouquet

Category Floral
Choosing blooms and foliage from the garden can create a colorful, unique arrangement of flowers. This is a guide about making a garden flower bouquet.

This simple kitchen bouquet is pretty and edible. I used chives and lovage for this arrangement but celery would do too.

Source: Imagination at work

This fun and inexpensive centerpiece is perfect for Easter or a spring time party. Simply purchase a few bundles of carrots for stems, place them in a vase full of water, and enjoy. They make a surprisingly neat decoration and when you are done you can use the carrots for cooking. :)

When you plant your flower garden, add a few extra rows, make a couple of extra flower beds, or plant some additional container gardens with flowers that can be cut to make a bouquet. When your garden is full of beautiful blooms and you begin cutting some to add beauty inside your home, cut a few more than you need. Place the extra flowers in some glass jars that you have saved or in some empty vegetable or fruit cans. Then deliver your surplus of flowers to a nursing home, assisted living facility, elderly neighbor, or a friend or family member that needs a little cheering up. You can also include aromatic herbs in your flower bouquet.

A tight budget may make it difficult or impossible for you to buy gifts to give someone to brighten their day. Packets of flower seeds are very inexpensive and you get a lot of seeds per pack. Even buying small flowers to put in your garden is relatively inexpensive, especially when you consider the abundance of beauty just a few plants can provide. You can't help but feel good yourself when you brighten someone's day with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from your garden.

By VeronicaHB

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

It's always great when the right flowers bloom at the same time. This bouquet is made up of red roses, white daisy, blue delphinum set off by bells of Ireland. I germinated the seed for bells of Ireland and had an abundance. I loved each one!

By Twila

Bouquet of Red, White and Blue Flowers in a Blue Vase

Comment Like this photo? 3

These were a gift for my birthday. My favorite of all of the roses. They are just so beautiful and I love them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. Enjoy.

By Bonnie

Closeup of A Beautiful Dozen Lilac Roses

Comment Like this photo? 5