Simple Steak Sauce

Here is a simple delicious steak sauce. Warmed up leftover sauce goes great with fresh bread.

Yield: 6 servings

1. Fry onions until glassy.
  2. Almost fill a coffee mug with cheap tomato sauce, the runny kind, not like Heinz. It's too thick and tart. Shake the Worcestershire sauce until it fully covers the tomato sauce in the mug. Mix it up, it should be brown/greyish.
  3. Pour this into the onions. Rinse the mug with about 1/2 water and add it into the mix. Simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens. Be careful it doesn't stick.

I sometimes add a bit of BBQ spice to the onions. Make extra, it goes great with fries.

The idea of this sounds very good and similar to something I used to have at a local restaurant. But I have a question... the ingredient list calls for "ketchup" and the description calls for "cheap tomato sauce." I was wondering which it was, since that could greatly affect sweetness.

Thank you for clarifying on this tasty-sounding recipe!

This sounds like a good recipe. One I'll certainly try soon as my son loves steak sauce on just about everything! It also sounds like a good base recipe for experimentation (which I love to do!). Thanks for sharing.

Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesMay 21, 2013
🌻
🐛
📓
😎