Skewer and Bottle Cap Starburst Art
Vote for this contest contender!
I love starburst contemporary art. I made this piece with wooden skewers and bottle caps. This is easy to put together and incredibly cost effective.
Total Time: 90 minutes
- 30 wooden skewers
- cutting pliers
- scrap cardboard
- hot glue gun with glue
- bottle caps
- Use the pliers to cut the wooden skewers into pieces of different lengths.
- Paint the skewers and allow to dry. I used bronze spray paint.
- Cut out a circle from the piece of cardboard.
- Give it a coat of paint and allow to dry.
- Flip the circle over and use hot glue to attach skewers to the back.
- Seal the tops of the skewers with hot glue to hold them in place.
- Paint the bottle caps and allow to dry.
- Glue the caps onto the front of the starburst skewers.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!