Slice of Pumpkin Pie Craft for Kids
Here is a cute and easy Thanksgiving craft for young children. This is a page about slice of pumpkin pie craft for kids
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
When I taught Pre-K, one of the things we talked about before Thanksgiving break was the different foods everyone eats on this day. Besides turkey, dessert tended to be the class favorite, with pumpkin pie being at the top. There are so many activities that can emerge from this! You can bring in a real pumpkin for students to explore. Then bring in actual pie for them to eat. And if you are doing this at home, your child can help you make the pie before eating it. The book, Jane Bakes a Pumpkin Pie (Affiliate Link), by Betty Palatin would be perfect before making it!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1+ slices
- brown construction paper
- school bottle glue
- orange tissue paper, cut into 1x1 inch squares
- cotton balls
- regular-size paper plate
- Cut your slices from paper plates. This allows for the crust section to be raised a little and provides a thicker backing to hold all the toppings. For a large slice, cut a triangle going from the outside toward the inside. For a small slice, cut the plate into sixths.
- Cut the orange tissue paper into 1x1 inch squares. Add a thin layer of glue all over the triangle and place the tissue paper on top.
- Cut 1x1 inch squares, or smaller, out of the brown construction paper for the crust. You can have each child glue the squares on or you can staple them on.
- Glue 2-3 cotton balls on top to serve as whipped cream!
- You can display these as individual slices, or combine to make a whole pie!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.