Slow Cooker Herbed Chicken
This is a very juicy one pot meal. You can substitute the vegetables, or omit them entirely. I used 6 chicken thighs and used more of the spice mixture.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 hours
Total Time: 4-5 hours
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp browning sauce, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3-4 potatoes, sliced
- 3-4 carrots, sliced
- Put the sliced potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the slow cooker. Season if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Rub over chicken.
- Pierce the skin of the chicken so the seasoning penetrates.
- Place in a slow cooker, and add broth.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.