Slug Heaven (Pansies)

Photo Description
I've posted pictures of this tree trunk several times. One good thing about small beds devoted to annuals; you can have different flowers and different color schemes every year, or every season, if you like.

I think my original title was Small Pansy Bed (slug heaven). I added the slug heaven after discovering their damage.

I grow lots of Hostas. Slugs can decimate hostas, leaving them looking like variegated, green Swiss cheese. Over the years, I tried cheap home remedies to get rid of the slugs, yes, even beer. None were as effective as I would have liked for them to be.

I swallowed my frugal pride and bought a small bag of Ortho Bug Getta. It's about $10.00 a bag. Usually, I can find it in the marked down section of Walmart for $7 or $8. Actually it is not very expensive when you consider very little is all you need. And it is very effective from the first treatment.

This is the first year slugs have attacked my pansies, and they did so tour de force. All my blooms looked moth eaten. Three days after using Bug Getta, my pansies were looking much better. If home remedies work for you, use them. If slugs are a major problem and you want quick, clean results, you might want to invest in a bag of Bug Getta.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersApril 11, 2016
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Slug-Heaven-Pansies.html