Smith Corona Electra 120 Repeating Keys

I have two keys on the whole machine that repeat when you hold them down or just press them hard to make them hit, and (that's the joke). Any idea how to stop the repeating? How about the not hitting hard enough?

Best Answer

The levers have to be adjusted to respond to the right amount of pressure. You may have to take it in for servicing

Best Answer

Are they the X and the period? I can't remember which SC machine I used to have and love, but they were supposed to do that...the X to cross out things and the period to make the ....... leaders to a table of contents!

The best way to control that was just to figure out the touch of your particular machine...mine just needed a quick swipe and I got one, but linger, and I got bunches!

If these are not the keys you are having issues with, then it is back to square one for me!

Hope they are and this is your answer!

Reference: myoldtypewriter.wordpress.com/.../ This person opened up and cleaned their type writer because it kept repeating 5's.