Soft Silky Play Dough

Category Playdough
Soft Silky Play Dough
Making your own play dough at home is easy. Use this recipe to make your play dough extra soft and silky. This is a guide about soft silky play dough.

This dough is amazing. It is made with conditioner and corn starch. The texture is very soft and silky. It's perfect for younger kids because it is so easy to work with. Just keep an eye on them, to make sure they don't try to eat it. The dough feels wonderful. Even if I didn't have kids, I would probably make this up and play with it on those stressful days. I can't even describe how much I love this stuff! Oh, my kids liked playing with it, too!

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: enough for a few kids to play with

Source: A blog called, "made from Pinterest".

• 1 cup hair conditioner - anything from a dollar store would be perfect
  • 2 1/2 cup cornstarch, plus more when you are kneading the dough. I used another half a cup or so.

1. Combine conditioner and cornstarch with a spoon.
  2. Once the mixture is mixed, turn out onto a surface dusted with additional cornstarch. Knead the dough til smooth. My daughter helped!
  3. Add additional cornstarch if the dough is too sticky.
  4. Ad
  5. Everyone can enjoy playing with the dough! Keep the dough in an airtight container or bag.

Will this dough air dry? Does it dry at all and can it be painted. It really look like nice dough to work with I would like to give it a try.

Hi Judybottie. I'm not sure if this dough would air dry without cracking. I've tried looking it up for you, but don't see anyone who has tried it. Have you tried salt dough? I've tried that, with some success, when it is baked. There's also a clay you can make, called porcelain clay, that air dries. That one dries beautifully and it is really nice to work with. The recipe I use is found on craftstylish.com, called Cold Porcelain. Hope this helps!

Love it!