Sorting Construction Paper by Color

During all my years of babysitting, working in daycare, and teaching, I've probably gone through hundreds of sheets of construction paper. I also use it frequently for scrapbooking, homemade labels, and cards. It is very annoying and time consuming to continuously dig through a pile of paper to find one color. So I finally got around to sorting it all by color in a hanging file container.

I chose one with a handle to make moving it around easier. To sort your paper, separate each color into a hanging file folder. Label each folder any way that works for you and place them in the container. I organized mine by the the rainbow colors and put the rest in back. Since I didn't have a label of every color, I placed a colored dot on each label, along with each color name. This helps if you are a more visual person! Thus far, I am satisfied with the ease in which I am able to remove and return any color!

Great idea. I was an educational assistant for kindergarten, I stored construction paper by color in upright filing slots. The teacher had the students to correlate the paper by color, then file according to color. I put a colored label folded over the slot to distinguish the location of that particular color. When the students were asked you pieces of construction paper, directions up of what color they needed to use, it was very easy for them to go to the construction paper filing system and get their paper