Sources for Really Large Boxes

Does anyone know where I can find refrigerator boxes, or really large TV boxes. I have called Lowes, Home Depot, independent appliance stores, several big stores and NO ONE has any refrigerator boxes they can give me. Does anyone have any other ideas? I need them for my daughter's Birthday party.

Michele from Pearland, TX

By Nita Morgan (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Why don't you try the Dollar Store or Dollar General. They restock quite often.

Hello guys am after a really big box a fridge box would be great am willing to pay. Thanks
Regards Brett

Wherever you find the boxes, consider leaving them outside in the sun before using them, if you can. If you can do this for a day or two it may help eliminate silverfish or other critters that love damp cardboard.

I made the mistake of not doing this and it caused a silverfish issue in my basement. Big yuck!

By Pamela- TN (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I work for a plumbing/HVAC wholesale distributor- we don't have boxes the size of refrigerators, but we do have plenty of really big boxes. At our store, all you have to do is ask- we will gladly give you some for free. Our company dosen't have stores in TX, but hopefully your local plbg distributor can help you.

By Bonnie D. (Guest Post)

Try an electronics store like Circuit City or Best Buy. Big screen TVs come in HUGE boxes!

By aline (Guest Post)

Check U Haul or a moving company. They are not free but they have large boxes.

Have you checked at your local hospital or clinic? I'm sure they'd get in supplies in the big boxes.

By ronsan (Guest Post)

You might also try a store in a rural or smaller town near you, perhaps one like a Western Auto or a general variety store that has large appliances. I contacted our local store for refrigerator and dryer boxs for a special county-wide project (containing more than 900 donated Christmas toys and gifts for needy children this past year) and they were happy to let me have 7 such boxs at no charge.

By Alma (Guest Post)

Another place to check is your local funeral homes.

By Marietta - guest. (Guest Post)

You might try joining your local www.freecycle.com and send a wanted message.

Editor's Note: Freecycle.com is not the right site. it is a site that is trying to capitalize on the traffic of Freecycle. http://www.freecycle.org is the correct site.

By purple_kangaroo (Guest Post)

Biuling contactors end up throwing out a lot of refrigerator and dishwasher sized boxes--ask a local builder to save some for you.

By angelique farmer (Guest Post)

I always look at the local renta-center, they get new things all the time and most of the time They just throw it out back.

Hey, like Purple Kangaroo said previously, check with builders, but go to the new subdivisions and there will be oodles of boxes outside of the houses that they are installing the appliances. Just ask the contractors and they will gladly let you take them. Its less they have to pay to have hauled away. And while you are there, most will let you have scraps such as unused tiles, bricks etc. Fill the box up with crafty items~

Perhaps you should try asking large sized stores nearby. Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart, they all get huge shipments that need huge boxes!(:

Stereo boxes are great big boxes also...

Crafts AdviceJanuary 11, 2006
🍀
💘