Spaghetti in Meatballs
Here's a fun twist on spaghetti and meatballs: spaghetti IN meatballs! Fun to make, easy to take. Give it a try!
- 1 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- cheese of your choice, shredded or cut into mini cubes
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Boil pot of salted water and cook pasta to al dente.
- Drain then submerge in a large bowl of ice water for a few minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Take a plastic fork and bend back two of the tines. If you have a cocktail fork or chopsticks, those will do! Start twirling the pasta into mini mounds, each a bit larger than the size of a quarter. Keep going until you have about 9 pasta balls on a plate. Freeze uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and milk until moistened.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and mix in the minced garlic.
- In a large bowl, crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage. Add the Italian seasoning and salt. Pour in the egg mixture, the bread crumb mixture and mix it all together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove pasta balls from freezer.
- Start forming little patties from the meat mixtures, about 3 tablespoons each.
- Place one pasta ball on the patty then top with cheese.
- Fold up the sides of the meat and roll into shape. Add a bit more meat on top if any pasta or cheese is exposed.
- Cover and chill stuffed meatballs for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the meatballs 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with sauce of your choice. I used simple garlic red sauce and topped them with the left over cheese.
By attosa from Los Angeles, CA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!