Spicy Honey Chicken Recipe
Sweet chicken with a kick can make a delicious main course. This page contains a spicy honey chicken recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Recently, I had some chicken thighs that I needed to cook for dinner and didn't feel like making it the usual way. So, I searched for some recipes using chicken thighs. The same recipe kept coming up from Cooking Light. It didn't sound like something my family would like, so I kept looking. After the 10th time of coming across it, I gave in and tried it. I was pleasantly surprised. My family ate it all and were asking for more! It is now in our regular rotation of meals. Definitely a winner!
Total Time: 15 minutes total
Yield: 8 chicken thighs
Source: Cooking Light
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika (I used smoked paprika, but you could use regular)
- 8 chicken thighs
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Move cooking rack to the top rack.
- Combine spices. Mix.
- Coat chicken in spice mix, covering both sides.
- Place on cooking sheet covered in aluminum foil.
- Broil 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven, flip chicken over, and broil another 5 minutes.
- Combine honey and cider vinegar. Brush onto chicken. I just spooned it onto the chicken and spread it around with the back of the spoon. Broil 1 minute.
- Take chicken out of oven, flip it over, then brush honey mixture on other side. Return to oven and broil 1 more minute.
- Let chicken rest a couple of minutes, then serve.
- This is even good for leftovers. I sliced some chicken and heated it up. Put it on top of a toasted bun, topped with remoulade sauce I made for burgers yesterday, lettuce and red onion. It was so good!
February 24, 20150 found this helpful