We bought a very large bag of peanuts that were on sale at the shops. My dad was eating them and said that although he definitely approved of the price, the flavour was nothing special. They were just plain old peanuts, after all. Had we bought the spicy peanuts he liked, for the same price, we would have gotten 1/10th of the amount of peanuts. So with a few spices, I decided to turn the plain peanuts into his favourite peanuts.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chili lime powder or cayenne
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in the peanuts, chili powder, and chili lime cayenne.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Drain well on paper towels.
- Sprinkle garlic salt over peanuts and toss to combine. Cool completely. (If you try to snack on them too early, you'll find them oddly chewy.) I leave them in little pots on the table or store them in containers and leave at room temperature.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!