St. Patty's Day Paper Tube Gift Pouch
March 6, 2012
Create a festive pouch from a cardboard tube to hold a small gift or treats for St. Patty's Day.
Approximate Time: About 45 minutes
- 6 inch cardboard tube
- 2 colors of scrapbook paper
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- green craft foam
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to cover the cardboard tube (6 x 6 inches).
- Run a bead of glue down the tube and attach the scrapbook paper. Roll paper around tube, overlap, and glue in place.
- Press down on tube to flatten slightly, making sure the paper seam is centered on one side.
- Cut a second piece of coordinating paper that is slightly smaller than the first piece (about 4 x 6 inches). Run a bead of glue along one edge of the paper and center it on one side of the tube. Wrap it around the tube and glue the other edge down.
- Cut a shamrock from green craft foam and glue onto the center of one side of the tube.
- Use scissors to cut each end of the tube so that it is rounded.
- Fold the rounded edges down to create flaps on each end of the tube. Insert a small gift or candies and fold down flaps on each end.
- Tie a ribbon around the tube lengthwise to hold down the flaps and tie the ribbon into a small bow to one side of the shamrock.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.