Starting Hydrangea from Seed Indoors

Can I grow hydrangea seeds indoors starting now (July 30)? I have seeds and want to let them grow indoors until next spring. I live in zone 6a.

By Pat A.

I couldn't find much information for you. I did find that seed should be sown in Spring in a greenhouse or cold frame. Also, if your seed are from a garden variety rather than a wild species, you should not expect them to come true to type.

I don't think a greenhouse or cold frame would be absolutely necessary.

I found more info for you.

Growing hydrangea from seed is easy, rewarding, and advisable if we are going to preserve the genetic diversity of the species. Seeds mature two to three months after the fertile flowers' senescence. They may be sown immediately. Dry storage is not necessary. Viability, however, is not diminished by it. Germination takes 10 and 14 days. Sow the seeds in flats and place them out of doors .

Keith E. H.