Steamed Chocolate Cake Recipe
Try this variation on traditional chocolate cake. This guide contains a steamed chocolate cake recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Craving for moist chocolate cake? If you want it and you think it's too expensive to buy just a slice, I will share with you what I have just learned recently. You can actually cook chocolate cake in a steamer or a rice cooker. You don't even need an electric beater to achieve a fluffy cake. Here's how I made it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 square
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. fresh milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together, except the sugar.
- In another bowl, mix the softened butter, fresh milk and sugar.
- Break the egg in a small bowl and add in the vanilla extract. Stir until well blended.
- Mix butter-sugar mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the egg-vanilla mixture and mix very well until evenly blended.
- Grease pan with small amount of softened butter.
- Pour into a baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Steam for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When the cake is cooked, set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, gradually stir a cup of all purpose cream in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add in the chocolate chunks. Continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
- Now, get your cake and pour the chocolate sauce over it. Spread the chocolate all over the cake.
- Serve (best served chilled).
November 3, 20162 found this helpful
Exactly how do you steam the cake in the pan? How can it be done with a rice cooker? Is there a way to use a crock pot?
November 7, 20161 found this helpful
when you want to use a rice cooker, simply grease the rice pot and pour the batter into it then click the cook button.. .
In This Guide