ReusingGreen Living

Stopper for Missing Cap to Kettle

This might never apply to you but it sure has helped me. I found a free tea kettle in our donation station. But, it's handle was damaged and the stopper with the little hole in it was missing. You think that is why they gave it away?

Not one to be daunted by a little fixer upper, I took it home. I found a screw that fixed the handle. And while my fixer for the stopper isn't "exactly" true, it does keep any 6 or 8 legged critters out between boiling.

It's a plastic test strip bottle and it fits inside the spout just perfectly. Now I DO NOT boil with it in there, it's just to keep bugs out when it's not in use.

N-JOY!

what a good idea!

funny, because i have a kettle with the cap still on it, but without the lid! I have to use a tea plate. I'd love to find the cap or something better than a plate for it

I say whatever works! But, does the item have a manufacturers name? It might be worth seeing if they could replace it?

Kind of like Tupperware? I just looked at my kettle bottom and it's Farberware. If you wrote to them, you might be able to get a new lid?? Who knows, right?

I just saw two reduced tea kettles at the store. At $16 each, I thought it was too much money because they were also missing the cap.

Yes, they would. Cheaper ones for say planters is worth the investment but no, anything worth more than a couple dollars should be a functioning kettle. You did good to resist.