Storing Crochet Doilies

Category Crochet
Keeping your crochet doilies flat and dry are important considerations when storing them. This is a page about storing crochet doilies.

I love to crochet doilies with #10 thread and #6 crochet hook. I block them, (spray with sizing) then when thoroughly dry, place on a paper plate. I have about 10 stacked each on a paper plate on top of each other, stored in a cupboard. I use them as thank-you gifts, or friendship gifts, etc.

By hopeful from Salem, OR

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

It really is, and indicative of Salem OR mad crazy skills!
PBP/Salemite!

I went to a Pizza place and asked for some boxes. I store my doilies in them. It keeps them nice and flat.

When I had a family member's collection, which I have since sold off when downsizing, I stored them in a plastic tub (it was shoe box shaped for the sizes I had, but the Dollar Store and Dollar General often have other sizes so you can get the one that works best for you) in an upstairs closet with a few cedar blocks from the dollar store to keep them fresh and repel bugs. That always worked for me. I put several pieces of acid free scrapbook paper between the cedar and the first layer of fabric so they did not touch because I didn't want to risk any staining.

Crafts CrochetJanuary 27, 2017
🎃