Storing Manuals and Receipts

Are you like me and forever losing the manuals and receipts that came with all those appliances or whatever that you've bought? I was constantly forgetting where I put the manuals, and never mind the receipts! Which, of course, you have to have if it needs to be returned or if nothing else, to know when you bought it so you know whether it's still under warranty. Well I finally solved that problem!

Whenever I buy a new product, if the owner's manual is more than 8x11 inches, I look it up on the website and print out the manual. I have a bunch of sheet protectors from previous projects. On the owner's manual, I write the date of purchase and where. Then I put the it along with the receipt in one sheet protector and it all goes into a 3 inch three-ring binder.

I sort all the manuals alphabetically by brand name with page dividers and tabs with each letter of the alphabet. I keep this binder in one particular place (mine is on my desk) and it always gets returned immediately after each use. I haven't lost a manual or receipt since I started this. The only hard part now is finding all the ones I lost BEFORE I started the binder!

By Cricketnc from NC

Answers:

Store Manuals and Receipts in a Binder

Good tip. I keep all of mine in a big accordion type folder. (09/13/2010)

By Scooterrhea