Finding Sewing Machine Manuals

Manuals get misplaced or when you buy a previously owned machine it may come without its owners manual. This is a guide about finding sewing machine manuals.

If you have lost the manual for your sewing machine, it may be useful pick up another one. Often they are available online or can be purchased from an individual selling the manual. This is a guide about finding Good Housekeeper sewing machine user manuals.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about finding Coronado sewing machine manuals. Sewing machines purchased second hand or inherited often come without their manuals.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I need a manual for a Spiegel 805B buttonhole zig-zag machine, is there anywhere to find one? Really, I just need to find out how to thread the needle in it?

Answers

Have you tried the Spiegel website - use 'contact us' to see if they have one in their pdf archive.

Another place to try (for threading helps) is YouTube - use the search function and type in the machine maker and model number followed by the words 'threading'. You never know, something might come up.

Finally, try an image search for your machine make and model - pictures should come up with links you can follow - eventually one will lead you to threading tips and possibly even a source for a manual:)

I just recently received an older zig-zag sewing machine, Kenmore model #158.3011. It has the needle in the left side position, I cannot find a lever, switch, or button to get it to the center position. I would love a manual but cannot find one online.

By diamondee from NY

Answers

I found 2 sites that you may want to try. The first one tells where to find the right number. (The number behind motor is not the right number)

http://www.sewu … ing_Machines.htm

http://homeappl … roduct_list.html

I hope that this helps.

This site below is WONDERFUL! They have old & hard to get copies of manuals for sale PLUS they have free threading diagrams for lots & lots of old & new machines. Just click on the "MANUAL" button at the top left of their home page... I buy a lot of older machines at thrift shops & this site has helped me. Also, my son was left an older machine by his grandmother when she passed on & he found out how to thread it & use it from this web site:

http://www.sewusa.com/

PS. If you need info, here's some great sewing forums you can post your question on. I like the top site the best:

http://sewingfo … /forum/index.php

http://ths.gard … m/forums/sewing/
http://sewing.p … ussions/forum/30

* An idea just came to me... Is the needle on the left because the machine is in the "Zig-Zag" setting? I just looked at my (early 1980's) Kenmore & when I have the stitch width turned wide then the needle will stay on the left or right, no matter what setting & type of stitch it's set on. Make sure your stitch width is set at straight stitch. The key is: Does the zig-zag still work with the needle in that position? If so, then just use a zig-zag foot (large hole foot) to sew straight & you should still be able to sew most everything. My brand new Brother has a setting that places the needle on the left, but it's a computerized model & I'm sure yours is mechanical. I had another machine that the needle was moved with a sliding lever. Also, I've had great luck going into small "ma & pa" sewing repair stores & they have showed me simple things about my machine at no charge.

---> Also, I don't know if you know it but most Kenmore machines are "low shank" machines as are most Brother & White (as well as Euro-Pro) machines... This means you can inter-change attachments & feet from one brand to another... Most Singers have a high or a slanted shank so the older Singer feet usually won't swap... I have owned several older Kenmore machines & the older they are the better. I had an early 1950's model & that machine was built to LAST as were all of the machines that were built before the 1980's. They were built stronger & if you can find a machine that's made before the 1960's or 70's then you'll have a REAL gem! These older machines are super strong & durable because they were built before plastic was invented (Plastic started becoming popular in the late 50's). They may be strong, but you pay for that in weight! ... These older machines many not have all the "bells & whistles" but as long as you have zig-zag you can sew pretty much anything with them anyway... In fact I just gave my 6 year old granddaughter a "Vintage" black 1937 Singer for her birthday & every time I sew on it I marvel at how much better & smoother it runs than my brand new machine & any of my other 4 "newer-used" machines. It's super-easy to thread (only 3 slots) & runs like it's brand new... (& I paid only $25 for it at my favorite thrift store!) But, alas, it has no ziz-zag... But it's so easy a 6 year old can thread it! ...But, don't try & carry it! ...Or your back will go out! ...It's got to be made of cast iron, I've never lifted a heavier machine!

Did you check to see if there was a way to move the needle on the holder itself? I had an old machine once and you could unscrew the needle, pull it out, and reinsert it in one of 2 openings, then reclamp, and start sewing.

Thank you very much!

I spent a lot of time worrying myself to death over this problem. One day I changed feet on my machine, and guess what? The needle was in the middle! I got to looking at the foot I was using - comparing it to the new one - the old ones's needle slot was off to one side , with the side foot wider on one side - all that worrying for nothing, when I should have just been thankful that it worked.

I have a Vogue Stitch by Speigel model 6300. I really need a user manual. I can't even thread the machine. I bought it at a yard sale?

Answers

The Vogue Stitch sewing machine is made by Husqvarna. I have located a user or owners manual for a Vogue Stitch model 5880. Maybe this one will help. Here is the link:
https://issuu.c  5800_sewing_mach

Issuu.com has the manual:https://issuu.c  5800_sewing_mach

I've looked everywhere and I can't find a manual or anything on this Dressmaker zig zag model#3692. My wife's aunt let me use it and I've never used a sewing machine before so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Answers

Did you ever find the manual

I was given a very heavy Rotary sewing machine. It is vintage, I think. It seems to be able to embroider with 2 spools of thread. I have no manual and I can't figure how to use it. Any suggestion?

By Linda

Answers

You did not mention brand name of rotary sewing machine, so I would suggest you google search "online (brand name) rotary sewing machine manual and see what you can locate.

I have an Usha Flora sewing machine. I can't fit my needle in. Is there a video that will show me how to fit the needle?

By Begum

Answers

Look underneath to see the opening for the needle. Make sure that the screw pin is loose so that the needle will slide in.There is a flat and round side to needles adjust until it fits snuggly(do not force it)then tighten the screw so needle stays in place. Gently turn wheel towards you to see if needle is in straight and goes down between the feeddogs properly. If this doesn't work go to google and put in the name of your machine and see what comes up,or put in how to thread the machine and see what links you can find.

I have a vintage De Luxe Precision sewing machine. it is turquoise in color, the name American Home is on the front. It was made in Japan. I'm looking for a manual or help to sew on it.

By Kathy from Hattiesburg, MS

Answers

If you will google "sewing machine manuals American Home" you will find several sites that have them.

I need a manual for a Universal Deluxe ZigZag sewing machine, model msaz. Any help would be great.

By C. D. Edwards

Does anyone have information (a manual) for a White sewing machine model 3009N?

By R.M.

I am looking for a Spiegel Vogue Stitch 752-1500l manual. Please e-mail me through this site, if you know where I can get a copy.

By Connie

How I do I insert a zigzag cam?

By Barbara M