Storing Medications Safely

Category Bathroom
There are numerous things to consider when deciding where and how to store medication safely. You should also look for a cool, dry place to put medications. Here are some tips to avoid mixups and to make instructions easier to read and follow.

When administering medicines to yourself or a family member, it is essential to be absolutely sure that you have the right medication and the right dose. For those whose visual acuity is not what it once was (that's us, Boomers!), especially in low light levels or in urgent situations, ensure that you can read labels and directions clearly by keeping an inexpensive pair of reading glasses right in or with the medicine box or cabinet. Sharp vision prevents potentially disastrous errors. Have those drugstore reading glasses right at hand and be safe, not sorry.

I am an RN, so I know the serious consequences of medication errors. This idea came to me as I was sorting and updating my own home medicine box.

By Susanna from Akron, OH

I got tired of squinting at the tiny dosage directions printed on many pain reliever bottles when needing something. When a new bottle/brand is bought, I take my black, permanent marker and write the dosage in bigger print on the bottle. For example, 2/4 or 2/6 meaning two pills every four hours, etc. It also helps the kids and husband who take directions for granted with every bottle. To take my marker out of my kitchen is perilous!

By Cakeluv from Henry, TN

We have built in drawers in our master bathroom. I keep everything in its specific spot. One of my daughters, while home for the weekend, used some hydrocortisone cream out of my bathroom.

Needless to say, she did not return it to where she got it from.

A tube of toothpaste and one of hydrocortisone cream.

Organizing BathroomSeptember 5, 2019
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
Generated 2020-07-16 12:16:11 in 814 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Medications-Safely.html