Storing Sewing Patterns?

Since patterns are so big now it is impossible to repack them. Plastic bags and envelopes don't allow descriptions of the item. Please if anyone has figured out away to store them in an economical way space wise please let me know.

By Chris L

I put the pattern in a gallon size plastic bag, then place the envelope it came in, face up so I can see it through the plastic. Make sense?

I use extra large zippered freezer bags. By putting the pattern envelope on the outside you see which pattern it is. I store them by type of garment on a pant or skirt hanger (the kind with clips). This will hold three or four bags. Then I hang them on an over the door bar meant for hanging clothes on. Works well. Color code the hangers with colored dots for easy access to certain patterns. I have a poster with colored dots, showing what each color means.

When I buy a pattern I immediately cut down one side and across the bottom making a folder. I then store my pattern in a gallon zipper bag. You can see the front and also the back for yardages.

Crafts Sewing PatternsDecember 11, 2013
📓
😷
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Sewing-Patterns-2.html