Storing Sugar

Tips for storing sugar. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Using Milk Containers for Sugar

Has anyone ever done this? I don't know what your milk comes in, but ours comes in plastic containers with screw on lids. I use it to store sugar! It pours easily so it is usually not too messy. It holds at least a bag of sugar.

By Maureen W (01/30/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Storing Sugar

Do not store your sugar in old milk containers the plastic will really not be clean and it could leech the milk into your stored stuff. Use 2 liter pop bottles. Rinse them with warm water and air dry completely. (09/25/2007)

By Dorinda

Storing Sugar

I recently bought sugar that came in an easy pour container. It looks like a paper carton of milk. When its empty I'm just going to refill it. (12/06/2007)

By Dawn

Storing Sugar

I store my sugar in Lock and Lock containers. The have gaskets around the lid that keeps all the moisture out and the sugar stays nice and soft. Even my brown sugar stays nice this way. I have some brown sugar that I've had for 2 months and I can still pick up the container and the brown sugar moves around easily in it when I tip it.

In answer to Debbie T. about storing it in the freezer, yes it can, but depending on the container you keep it in, it will get hard. But there will not be a thing wrong with it. I used to keep mine in the freezer too until I discovered the Lock and Lock. (06/15/2009)

By Cricketnc

Storing Sugar

I also use clean/dry 2L bottles and find them very useful for sugar, salt, and other pourables. (01/09/2010)

By fratermus