Studying Tips and Tricks

Category Education
Developing good study habits can help a lot with your success in school. This is a page about studying tips and tricks.

The thing that really gave me extra knowledge in the classes I was taking in college, was working in the library-books/periodicals. You just pick up on so much stuff by working there that you otherwise wouldn't know about. I mean, you are just naturally exposed to it, and it's not like going to the library to find some item regarding one subject. Really makes a difference.

By Pamela Rochelle Woodworth from Sun Lakes, AZ

I accidentally discovered that if I 'warm up' my brain by doing 1 or 2 sudoku puzzles before studying math, the lesson seems easier and sticks in my brain better.
Wish I'd discovered this a long time ago.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Are you - or is a member of your family in a chorus/choir or studying music? You can now download classical excerpts to listen to and practice with at home very inexpensively. I like the UK site http://www.eclassical.com. The pieces are less then $1 each.

By Pam from L.A., CA

When I was a student I used to write important details in blue. A week before exams and recorded weekly quizzes, I write an output of the weekly lessons on a piece of paper using blue ink. Write the output as early as possible to get more time to study. I can read my lessons while I write important things to remember. I write them in blue so that I can recall which words I wrote with such color. The said color is relaxing to the eyes. Blue ink is also used in signatures to easily identify its originality.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

You will hear from lots of people that the best way to study is in a quiet comfortable location free of distractions. While that works for many people, it doesn't work for everyone.

I had a roommate that couldn't stand any sort of distraction when studying. I on the other hand cannot stand the quiet.

Studying can be boring. After reading an entire chapter of text, can you remember the facts presented in the chapter? How much of what you read can you actually understand and apply during the tests or exams?

Studying for tests in your college courses can be made easier if you look at how you learn. One simple tip is to rewrite your lecture notes so that they are more clear. The process of rewriting them is helpful for students who learn by writing. Having a classmate quiz you can also be helpful. This is a page about college study tips and tricks.

Young Woman Studying at College

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains tips for studying a foreign language. When learning a new language, having to listen, speak and write in it can help you retain what you learn.

A stack of foreign language books.

EducationMarch 17, 2017
🎃