Stuffed Chicken Adobo Recipe
This is a guide about stuffed chicken adobo
. Adobo is a popular seasoning for meat chunks in the Philippines. This recipe uses the whole chicken.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Adobo is one of the most popular dish in the Philippines. Meat is usually cut into chunks and cooked with soy sauce and vinegar. You can either choose pork or chicken for this dish or cook them together. This food is cooked in many different ways.
This time I'm trying a new version of Chicken Adobo. Instead of cutting it into pieces, I chose to cook it whole with stuffing.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 whole dressed chicken
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 bulb garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 chilies, chopped
- 2 spring onions, knotted*
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 gal cooking oil
- 1 pc ginger (sliced)
*Tie the onions together neatly (like a pretzel) so you can easily insert them inside the chicken.
- For the stuffing, saute carrots with half of the minced garlic and onions in a medium pan. Add the chilies. Do not overcook. Remove in pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, pour the cooking oil. Fry the chicken until skin is crispy. Set aside in a plate of paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Stuff chicken with sauteed carrots and knotted spring onions.
- Place the chicken in a casserole with the remaining garlic, onions, and ginger.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, water, and brown sugar.
- Cook in medium heat for 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced.
- Check the tenderness of the chicken by pricking it with a fork. If it's not tender enough, add another amount of water and simmer again until reduced.
- Serve and enjoy!