Successful Party Tips and Tricks

Category Planning
A good time for party goers takes some planning, and often help from others. This is a guide about successful party tips and tricks.

When having a party and you have people that would like to help out, actually take them up on it and delegate the duties. Someone to decorate, someone to make up the relish trays, somebody to dust and vacuum, somebody to bring a side dish, somebody to make the invites. This way everyone feels involved and valued as well as the hostess isn't the one running around trying to do it all up to the last minute.

By Marie from Surprise, AZ

There is nothing more frustrating than opening your refrigerator after a party and seeing a dish you forgot to serve. To avoid this, several days before an event, I make a list of the menu. I list all the items, and any foods or utensils that will be used with it.

For example, if I have an apple pie, I will list the vanilla ice cream or whipped cream that some people will want with it. This allows me to spend more time with my company and know that everything I have prepared will be served.