Summer Salad Recipes

Category Salads
Summer is a great time to make salads. Not only are there lots of fresh veggies available, but there is the added benefit of not having to heat up the kitchen cooking, if you serve salad as the main course. This page contains summer salad recipes.

Four ingredients, no cooking, and easy to change up flavors to your liking.

Directions:

Combine Cool Whip, cottage cheese and dry Jello. Mix in drained pineapple. Pour into mold or bowl and refrigerate until set.

Servings: +/- 10
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time

Source: My sister-in-law.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Easy to assemble and delish to eat, enjoy!

• lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • Ranch dressing
  • blue cheese
  • fried bacon
  • red onion, optional

Directions:

Line a large tray or plate with leaf lettuce, or any other lettuce of your choice. Cover with sliced tomatoes. Add thinly sliced red onion (optional). Drizzle with peppercorn ranch dressing. Crumble blue cheese on top and finish with fried bacon bits.

By Elaine D. from Niles, IL

This combines 5 golden fruits and vegetables and is great for BBQs and any summer party.

Directions:

Combine and serve in suitable dish with your own salad dressing (vinaigrette) or combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.

Servings: 10-12
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
0 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My sister introduced this to our Christmas feast in 1990 and I've used it for any group gatherings since. (Christmas in Australia is mid-Summer.)

By joycerose from Morley, Western Australia

• several lettuce leaves
  • 4 cups torn lettuce
  • 2 cups raw cauliflower, sliced
  • 1 cup celery, chopped
  • 1 cup radishes, sliced
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • grated cheese, to taste
  • Italian dressing

Directions:

Line salad bowl with lettuce leaves. Arrange torn lettuce, cauliflower, celery, radishes and carrot in bowl. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with Italian dressing. 4-6 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is such a bright, fresh, salad, made with any combination of fresh veggies, and "dressed" just before serving. It is such a nice side with any summer meal.

(Any or all of the following)

Directions:

This is so easy, dice each vegetable you choose to use into similar size pieces, keeping color in mind, and the combination of flavors. I always just start putting together some of whatever I have until it looks nice, and there is enough for those I am making it for. Just before serving, or taking to be served, as it was in my case, mix raspberry balsamic vinegar, a bit of water, some sugar or non sugar sweetener, and coat very lightly.

I kind of made this in a hurry one day when there had been a death from our church, and a meal was being offered after the services. I was asked if I could send something. I threw this together, and now it is the request at every dinner we have, and some "complain" that they have to hide theirs as they are setting things up in the kitchen so they can be sure of getting some.

Source: Really my own idea, and the raspberry balsamic is available at Wal-mart, not some big $ item.

By ljf Loretta from Theodore, Alabama

Put bacon, lettuce, tomato and cooked noodles in a bowl. Add enough mayo to coat everything. You can add some salt and pepper if you want...

A protein rich salad can be created with the addition of tuna. This page contains tuna salad recipes.

Tuna Salad

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Place spinach into each salad dish. Mix shrimp fruit and vinaigrette together then place in each dish.