Survivors Benefit for Graduating High School Student

My son receives Beneficiary Social Security from my husband's and my work record. He is 18, but graduates on May 26th. My question is will he receive a check in June for May or will his check in May for the month of April be his last one? I am trying to budget for June so any information will be greatly appreciated. I know when my hubby passed away in December he wasn't due a check in January because he didn't live all of December. So I am figuring the same will be true with my son graduating near the end of the month that he will not be due a check in June which covers May.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

If the check he receives in June is for May, then he was in high school in May and was entitled to benefits. If the June check is for June, then he is not eligible because he is not in high school anymore.

https://www.ssa … /EN-05-10084.pdf call the 800 number and ask

social security benefits like this are sometimes difficult to understand so I would suggest you call the SS number and ask your question. You should not have to give any personal information but then - this is a government agency - so - anything is possible.

You are correct about the way your husband's check was handled (has to be alive for the full month) but I cannot remember about a child already 18 and the date they finish high school.
I could be incorrect but I believe you will be able to receive the check for May (in June) unlike the deal with your deceased husband.
Please call SS but you may have to have information about his school year.

When my father passed away at my being only 7yrs old, my mother received his SS, for me, until i turned 18 yrs old. If i had graduated and received my diploma instead of dropping out, and getting a GED instead... I would have received monthly checks until I turned 21. When my father passed, he was working, and not receiving SS himself. I am 45, and will not live to collect SS myself. So my children had better get it! And without any thieving restrictions! SS Administration needs a Financial, legal, and ethical Audit. Im forced to keep paying it, wont live to collect it, and cant even rest assured that my Children will... No forthcoming answers regarding this, no transparent language or info online, and nothing articulate or explanatory in the Laws. Everyone is forgetting what SS was established for, as well as the Laws dealing with, governing, and surroundin it. Its gotten well out of hand, and become quite unlawful I fear. Best of luck in your endeavor to find answers. I recommend you buy a ream or two of paper, fill your inkjet, and be prepared to spend between 6 and 9 hours online doing personal research. Then you call the SS Administration... oh, and... be sure to have coffee and snacks ready, and a boxers mouth piece, to keep from gritting your teeth at the anger, disbelief, and frusteration of what you will learn. Believe me, I know from experience... Then, if you can... pass it on. Many blessings to you and yours from me and mine.

They get it until they turn 18 unless they are still in high school. In that case, they get it until the graduate. My daughters graduated in May, and their birthdays were in June, July and August and they continued to get it until their birthday.

So If My son Graduates in June when will he get his last SSDI CHECK in Michigan? Question Is: Since my son hasnt graduated until June 2,2017 when will be his last check PLEASE someone email as I have Brain issues,Thank You Shellyjo40@yahoo.com